Friday 5 June 2009

Radiotherapy Started

After a difficult day on Wednesday we are "pleased" to report that radiotherapy has started and Anita completed her second cycle at lunchtime today - only 10 more to go! Although this is the home straight, this kind of feeling has probably duped us into thinking things will be easier when the reality is that Anita still has the effects of chemotherapy in her body and so she is still battling through. I am proud of the way she copes with such discomfort and presses forward.

Today I had my appraisal and Linda and Eileen were a great encouragement in bringing some helpful insights and wisdom into the way I work. I love being part of the church I am helping to lead - it's such a great environment to belong to and relationships exist that strengthen us - not least in times of pressure.

It's been a big day for the Royals and we are very pleased to welcome our new manager, Brendan Rodgers. Brendan was at Reading when I started my role as chaplain. Since then he has worked alongside Jose Mourinho at Chelsea and came to Reading after a short spell managing Watford. We look forward to a new era under the leadership of such a great person.

I am speaking at church on Sunday and we will be looking at how we can "Make God's Love Tangible." In the midst of such politcal turmoil and economic gloom, as God's people we have a responsibility to love those around us with the same love God has for us all. We have good news and a hope that extends beyond the turmoil around us. I want to do all I can to help motivate and inspire people to generously give away what we have received from God.

Today we are grateful for:
  • Medical science that helps to deliver healing and restoration to us when we are unwell
  • Co-workers at church who help bring the best out in us
  • Hilary, a friend at church who deserves a wonderful 70th birthday this weekend

Today we are praying for:

  • Minimal side effects from radiotherapy and strength for Anita

No comments: