Katie is 20 weeks into her pregnancy and has started contractions and been having them since Friday. We'd REALLY appreciate your prayers for Katie, her husband Scott and our grand daughter Holly. At church today everybody prayed together for the contractions to stop and for the baby's life to be preserved and for him or her to be born at full term.
I spoke at church today from Psalm 27 and described how much these verses have, and continue to bring clarity as we journey through tough times. Sean Dooley from Thameside Church brought this Psalm as a devotion at the Reading Leaders prayer gathering at Greyfriars Church last Wednesday morning. Do have a read and give some consideration to them as they help us see the way in which we can find safety in the storms of life.
The Royals missed out on automatic promotion to the Premier League. There have been some "knife-edges" for us this weekend! Still, the boys are in the dreaded play-offs and we could have a trip to Wembley to look forward to.
Today we are grateful for:
- Listening to the healthy heartbeat of the baby inside Katie and feeling all the kicking going on!
- For our church family who are gathering around us and standing with us like these things are their very own battles
- The launch of our new church website - well done Dave! www.brooksidechurch.org.uk
Today we are praying for:
- The contractions to stop and for Katie to get quality rest
- Protection for her unborn child
- Strength to face another week and to deal with things confidently knowing our Father loves us and will care for us